Readmore
Readmore
Motor Tua Gila

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Old Motorcycle Information

1950s BSA motorcycle picture

Despite never owning one myself (as yet...), I've always been a big fan of older motorbikes, primarily those built prior to 1970, and usually from any of the legendary British manufacturers. Thats not to say there aren't any great old bikes from other countries, just that most of those I see at shows here are of UK origin.

Long before I got interested in 4 wheeled vehicles, I'd be taken as a nipper to proper offroad scramble meetings around Cheshire. Back in the 1970s the old brickworks near the south side of Manchester Airport (pre-runway 2!) was a popular unofficial destination for off-road motorcyclists to strut their stuff, and many a day I spent there both spotting aircraft, and watching daring deeds performed on trial bikes from Ossa, Yamaha and Honda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online